THE PAVILION OF THE ALBANIAN INDEPENDENCE
Pavilion of the Albanian Independence is located on the second floor of the National Historical Museum. Through of museum objects, it reflects the key historical moments in the period from the declaration act of independence of the country until 1939. Declaration of Independence of Albania from the National Assembly in Vlora on November 28, 1912 and the formation of the Provisional Government of Albania constitute two important acts of Albanian national state. In the pavilion is reflected Conference of Ambassadors in London (1912-1913) which had serious consequences in some directions for the development of Albanians and Albanian state. The short reign of Prince Wied in Albania during 1914 marks a milestone in the history of the establishment of the foundations of the Albanian state. The tumultuous period during 1914 – 1919, left deep traces in the memory of Albanians. A strong national consciousness among Albanians appeared clearly at Congress of Lushnja in 1920. The political clashes between the country’s governing elite culminated in June Movement in 1924 led by Fan Noli.
At the Pavilion of the Albanian Independent State, a museum object that attracts the attention of visitors is the Mors telegraph device (station) model Czeija, Nissl u Co., Vienna that came into use since 1896. This device was used by Interim Government of Vlora during 1912-1914.
An object that attracts the interest of visitors is Isa Boletin revolver. The cartridge revolver is Gasser mark, model 1873. This type of revolver was produced as a suitable model for Austro-Hungarian army officers. It was a modification of the model Gasser M1870 which was designed by Alfred Kropachekom.
There is a corner in the pavilion area dedicated to the patriotic contribution of Fan S. Noli, one of the outstanding figures in the history of the Albanian nation and modern state of the 20th century. There is a painting of Fan Noli among his objects collection. It was painted in 1924, by the Albanian painter Vangjel Zengo from Dardha in Korça.